More Press and Updates on 11:11

Hi ya'll,
It's been a hot minute since I wrote a blog, but I've been juggling updates on 3 Facebook pages, IndieGoGo, Kickstarter, Twitter, Linkedin, Myspace... on top of actually revising the script!!!! Finally I have gotten over the hurdle of revising Act 1! The first act of a film is really the most important because that's when you can intrigue or lose your audience. I also want to ensure that I'm not revealing too much at the beginning in order for the connections to be figured out like a puzzle being put together as the story progresses. I feel pretty confident in the changes and now have the freedom to move on to Act II, which won't need many alterations at all, either will Act III.

The biggest thing I need to do though is to cut out 37 pages of the script! I decided a while ago to quit worrying about the length of the script and write what felt was right. Although I'm in the weeds right now trying to edit, edit, edit, I am glad that I let my thoughts flow freely to get it all out there. Strangely enough, as it stands now...the script is 148 pages long, which is waaaay too long (I'm not PT Anderson with the liberty of making an ensemble piece of this scale, but I hope someday:), but found it very interesting that Act 1 is precisely 37 pages. Multiply 37 x 3 = 111. 148-111 = 37. Strange that I have to edit out the same number of pages that I hope to be in each act. I wish I could have an Act IIII .... that would be awesome! Making a film of that length would be absolutely naive, being my first feature and all, but find it so interesting how the math has worked in this process! If only 3+7 = 11 and not 10, then that would be super weird!

Anyhow, Act II will be worked on today and I'm looking forward to moving on. I've been using the vacant downstairs apartment as my office (it's supposed to be our 'production office', but all my Producers are working on bigger shows right now) and this has helped my writing immensely! There is nothing down there but some tables, chairs and my computer. I sit in my favorite room with brand new slate tile and windows surrounding 3 walls. It's actually going to be the location of one of the character's bedrooms, so this is the perfect place to go for inspiration. There is no clutter and not cats running around or things to distract me! Just me and my laptop! I love the silent lucidity!

A couple updates if I haven't bored you to tears... The Greater Wilmington Business Journal published an article in their paper last week which is super cool and will reach out to an audience that I may not normally be able to access. Here is the link to read the article... http://www.wilmingtonbiz.com/industry_news_details.php?id=2193 The same writer will also be doing an article in a local women's magazine called WILMA. I'm honored to have been approached by both publications, especially one that is geared towards what women are doing in Wilmington! Also, I have emailed a friend who works in the Film Studies Department at UNCW and he's graciously offered to help me find enthusiastic students who will serve as Marketing Assistant Interns! This will be a HUGE help and take great weight off of my shoulders! So far on IndieGoGo, we have raised $3,074, but still have quite a ways to go... hence why this students will be of massive assistance! Thank you Dave Monahan for helping me with this search!

Last but not least, today is 2/11/11. 2 = 1+1. 1+1/11/11 is a fantastic day to make your contribution to "11:11" on IndieGoGo while receiving good karma, rewards AND a tax deduction! Your contributions are greatly appreciated, as is spreading the word! Thank you so much for your help and support! Here is where to GoGo! http://www.indiegogo.com/1111

Comments

Jesse's blog said…
I tried emailing you but I recieved a reply saying your inbox was full. I'd just like to say that when you start production I'd like to PA or intern or help out in any way possible.

jak3715@uncw.edu

Jesse Kale

Popular Posts