hurdle jumping

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone even reads these blogs since most everyone spends their time on Facebook these days? Of course I've been posting stuff on there as well, but you can't say as much...and well, if you know me then you are aware I'm quite verbose. Hence, why my latest version of 11:11 is far too long according to the page per minute average. That is my next hurdle after the Kickstarter hump. I'm going to spend as much time as I can promoting over the next few weeks, but also need to get back at the writing. I needed a break, but now I don't have the liberty of time. I know it will all work out in the end, but always wish there was more time to prepare. I need to make a good, solid schedule to keep myself within my timeline!

I've been emailing a lot of 11:11 followers regarding my project and I have to say I'm a bit nervous of their expectations of my film. 11:11 means different things to different people and some folks may not see it the same way as I do. I have not done extensive research on the spiritual nature of the numbers for I didn't know about it when this writing process began. This story was born out of someplace inside of my head and I don't want thousands of other's beliefs to redirect my original vision. I honor and respect everyone's views on this topic and I hope they can do the same for me. I've spent so much energy on this project and I have to believe there is a greater reason I'm so compelled to make this film.

With the anticipation of the Kickstarter goal being met, I know in all practicality that $11k isn't enough money to make a feature film of this scale. My plan is to connect with several people who I feel would be interested and able to match what I've raised on my own after Kickstarter ends. If I can't raise at least $50k, we could have an issue. Thank goodness for business credit cards! I might have to pull what Kevin Smith did with Clerks and max out my cards and hope the payoff is worth it! I just want to make this film more than anything I've ever wanted before and will make it happen no matter what tries to stand in my way. I will meet my goal to premiere on 11/11/11 regardless of the endless hurdles I will have to jump.

Comments

Popular Posts