on the right track.

So shoot me for saying this, not literally of course...I'd rather not go through that again, but I've decided it would be good for me to write a blog every day until January 11, 2010. That is my target date for filming. Granted, we all know that it will push, likely do to lack of money...but regardless, this film will get made. I've been thinking of simplifying the hell out of crew. Do we really need five million people running around? I'm thinking small, like 15 people, not including cast... People keep telling me I have too many characters, but when I watch other movies there are more than you would think. Some are focused on more than others, but smaller characters are sprinkled within. That's what I've been working on, characters. Layering each one and making sure they get the details they need in the small amount of time you see them on screen.

Today I went shopping for a few things, but you know how that goes in Target. I should not be allowed in that store. It's been months and apparently I made up for it in one visit. Blakely, my youngest cat, recently knocked my alarm clock off the side table. Not realizing she broke the thing, I woke up late on two occasions because the alarm didn't go off. Good thing I wasn't late for anything! Anyhow, I was in the clock aisle and came across this wall clock that resembles the same pattern as this cd sculpture my mom bought me the last time she was here. I repainted a dresser and organized my music collection at the same time. Trust me, it was quite a task! Since this clock was so unbelievable perfect for above the tv, I decided it would replace one many Death Cab posters. Instantly I put it in my cart even though it was 10% of my last paycheck. I couldn't help it, it jumped out at me. My apartment is actually Jake's apartment in 11:11, so it will be written off as set decoration:)

Anyhow, on the drive home I made a last minute decision to drive down Princess Place. I felt the urge to go down that road for some reason. I used to work down there, so I would often imagine 11:11 played out on that street. Wouldn't you know I stumbled upon a line of car stopped at a railroad crossing. The street just ahead being Evan's Street (the last name of my favorite character Andy in 11:11). The train whizzes by, other cars turned around annoyed. But I sat there with a smile on my face and tears filling my eyes. The train passes and we clear, driving past the convenient store I once imagined as my main location... a school bus turns the corner. It was like being a character in that scene living out a moment I had written. That to me is 11:11. Timing is everything. I'm reminded every day that I'm on the right track!

Comments

Popular Posts