cherry popping blogs!

This is my first blog for the new(ish) Kissin' Cousins Website. To be honest, this website has been in the works since 2006! Thank you so much to James Flint at So High Def Productions for completing the website and Justin Mitchner at Batabix for starting it. I'm very excited about showing my work online because the internet is the most accessible viewing means this day and age! I'm also excited to be sharing blogs with those who are interested in my work. I will do must best to keep everyone in the know of my progress.

Currently, I just completed a commercial called "Cucalor-bus" for the 15th annual Cucalorus Film Festival which occurs on Nov. 11-15, 2009 in Wilmington, NC. I've had a similar idea for many years now, so it was nice to finally get the project out of me. The outcome was much different than originally envisioned, but very cute. I really liked directing little kids...so expect more of that from me in the future!

In addition to making the commercial, I have been searching for the perfect match of a producer for 11:11 and am working on a new draft of the script. After hearing others opinions (especially those who don't know me well), I have taken into consideration their feedback. A few of the characters needed more fleshing out. I may know them because I wrote them, but viewers cannot see that history. I don't want to knock anyone over the head with it either. That's why some things are just ambigious. Do we really know everything about anyone? Sometimes the truth is in the silence... I'm trying hard not to over complicate and attempting to whittle down characters and locations. But no matter how many times I cut a character out, somehow they manage to weave their way back in. Life is all about people being connected to one another. There are a lot of us. We comprise the largest ensemble cast in life, so why not do it on film?

xo, meg

Comments

Popular Posts