capturing time

It's 11:11! I have missed a few days of blogging, but have been productive taking pictures. Many of them turned out really great. The mere change of a setting makes all the difference. The light was so beautiful on Saturday. Golden rays of sunshine shimmered through the trees. It was nice that it was natural, not the effect of a Cucalorus and a 10K. My godsister was the perfect model. She knew what to do without me asking her. She wasn't awkward and would move where I wanted her to be without my finishing the sentence. I'm happy with these photographs. I'm excited to get back into photography.

This wedding in Pennsylvania will be fun. I'm honored (and a bit scared) to be the official photographer. What if I mess up? It's only the most important day of their lives! I know it will be fine; just me with the pre-jitters. The new flash is looking good, but I need to do some reading about the settings:( I hate reading directions! I just like to figure things out on my own, but don't have the liberty to do it this time. I'm still debating on going to Union first. It's out of the way, but think I'd regret it if I didn't take the opportunity. Do I spend a Wednesday night there? Funny considering that is the name of the band in my film. Should I take that as a sign to stay? But if I do, will I suffer the demise of my characters?

Lately I've been considering shooting 11:11 as a series of shorts shot storyline by storyline over the course of the year. We would aim to shoot out consecutively over time as if the characters have aged in the course of a week. Would that be a disaster? For some reason it makes me feel like it's going to cost less money. Or would it be a cluster*&%$? I'm just ready to make it! I need some time to get back into writing as well. I'm close to finishing draft 9, but this time there are a lot of changes. Characters are more defined. Their back stories revealed a bit more. I'm excited to watch the actors morph into these people. If only I could get Mark Ruffalo...

About to upload my new photographs taken in Ritter Park. I wish we could have taken more. I'd like to go back when the light is just right again. I'm so excited to be in West Virginia during the fall when the leaves change colors. The best time of year to be here. There are some beautiful places in Kenova I'd like to shoot. All sorts of bridges and train tracks with a live train passing by every 30 minutes. It made me so happy. Then I realized that my affection for trains and bridges must be because they surrounded me my entire childhood. Amazing how you don't notice those details until you go away for a while.

Comments

Popular Posts