chance of a lifetime

Saw a lot of good friends tonight. A few of us about to branch out to other places for work. More babble about 11:11 hopes. Everyone is rooting for me and thinks this will be a great project and I am highly organized. I hate money so much! Now would be the perfect time to make something since it's so dang slow. Even if I had $20,000 that would be better than nothing! I would honestly consider pulling a Kevin Smith and max out a few credit cards in the hope the film will be bought and pay itself off. I suppose I'll do anything in order to keep my final deadline in tact. I'd have to wait 100 years before another 11/11/11!

Tonight we were talking about what kind of filmmaker I want to be. It isn't about money, although I would LOVE to not lose money on my films. It's about doing what I love. I don't want to go out there and direct a story someone else wrote. I want to only direct my own stuff. I would also never really want someone to make a film I wrote. I become so attached to the characters and the visions in my head as I write that no one could make the film I imagined. So, I'm come to the conclusion that I will be the kind of director that makes festival films.

I have so many thoughts in me that I can't seem to process them all at once. I must only do one at a time. And considering 11:11 has been in the works since 2002, I haven't written any other features. I have two great ideas...one of which I've had forever and the other would require a crew to travel all over the US. $$$. So, the goal is to make 11:11, do smashingly well in the festival circuit and get enough attention to sell and make money for the one after that. Hopefully it won't take me another 7 years to write that one. I will not settle for only 8 movies in my lifetime.

Comments

Popular Posts