circle is a square

Whew! I almost missed a day of bloggage! I'm visiting my folks in WV despite the retraction of my job offer here. I figured with an already clear schedule I may as well use my time wisely and spend it with the family. I'm sitting on my bed, which is in a 'closet' up in the finished part of the attic. My office was supposed to be in the unfinished part and I would go in there, only I know my dad will likely activate the alarm while I'm in there and I'd trigger it rentering my room. So, I'm hanging with a talkative Blakely and tapping at the keys.

It's weird being here and not staying like originally planned. Like I said before, my path has changed. Much like Savannah and Maggie's in 11:11. Life is so unpredictable. Opportunities come at inconvenient times and some are missed all together. Either end of the spectrum, life's timeline structures itself by the minute. So many things can change withing a matter of seconds. Like today for instance, my mom replaced a lightbulb in an overhead fixture. An hour later, my sister was in the bathroom and I heard a loud crash. Mere inches from her head, the thick glass cover smashed onto the floor. It could have killed her or the cats if at that moment they were underneath.

As much as we try to protect ourselves from danger, some destinies are out of our control. Like those who refuse to go skiing for fear of breaking a hip, yet you could just as easily trip and do the exact same thing. You could never smoke a day in your life and still get lung cancer. I'm not saying for everyone to go grab a pair of skiis and a smoke, but I am suggesting that sometimes it's necessary to take risks in order to grow as a person. Putting yourself or others in a bubble only hinders personal growth. Taking chances is a far option than regretting a missed opportunity later in life. Regrets equal resentment. And resentment is toxic.

So many people in this world have resentment or regrets, yet I chose to look at things a different way. I have no major life regrets (okay, maybe it bugs me a bit that I didn't pursue acting or learn how to play an instrument...but I can still do this!). All the things I have done in my life have brought me here and made me who I am. Without every step taken along the way, I'd be different than who I am. Every minor detail in life counts and compiles into you being YOU. I'm happy to be back in the town where I started my life. It built the foundation of who I am today and without that, I would have no core. I'm a lucky girl to have a lovely family and animals who bring me joy each day. It's nice to regain perspective and come full circle!

Comments

Popular Posts