safety first

Sitting on dewey grass for the reminder of my lunch break. Wanted to blog now since I will be visiting my friend who was mugged the other night after work. I think she feels comforted by my company considering I too have been a victim of a violent attack.

Found out that the festival I wanted wait... To screen at so badly a few years ago is screening all submissions this year. My goal is to screen at the keith albee where I used to go to the cinema as a kid. Seems suiting to screen in the town in which the event took place.

My sister and I don't really discuss what happened back in 1995, rather we call it the incident. I am convinced this attack triggered my dad's stroke, which continues to affect his daily life. Its unbelievable how a single event can resinate over the years. I thought the making of the film would provide my parents with some closure, but to this day when I'm at home my dad can't sleep until I'm home and the alarm is on.

Dad is out of town and I have to say its a very quiet house. No tapdancing or fiascos with the coffeemaker or dishwasher. For a few days this week I will be alone in the house. Mom has already suggested I stay with my friend who was just mugged. No matter how old you are, your parents never stop worrying about your safety!

Comments

Popular Posts