directions

i never write the title to a blog first, but this time i did. somehow the word directions popped into my head and i knew it would be my theme of the day. my GPS broke today, which really suck considering i'm responsible for driving a camera crew around town. granted, they give me a map (like the olden days) but i prefer having not to read while driving while transporting three other human beings...not to mention expensive camera equipment. i cannot believe that i used to do locations and am this directionally challenged. i have no confidence in my geographic skills. perhaps i am destined to be lost.

taking a different turn on the road, missing a light to let a pedestrian go by, your alarm not going off. these are all the little moments that determine the outcome of your life...you randomly stumble upon your destiny. are we exactly where we are supposed to be? sitting in the upstairs bedroom with my sister asleep downstairs and my parent's milling about in their 'nests'. who would have thought at 33 i would be living in my parent's attic and working on a tv show that also films at an elementary school. what are the odds? is it coincidence or fate? life just happens and guides you where you are supposed to be.

haven't had much time to write, but since my call was 4am today i got home early enough to allow myself a few moments of solace. suppose i am searching for some outlet of creativity. writing just soothes me. when i don't do it for a while i get a little nuts in my head. like all these thoughts are going to explode. can't keep it all in. i busted my keester today and i'm dragging. trying to make it to bed by eight. two hours. waking up at 3am is no fun, but coming in at that time is!

wish i would have had more of a blowout on my birthday, but it was pretty low key. it's difficult when you have certain expectations for things. holy shizzle! i had to get up while writing because i remembered the USB cable was in the drawer. thinking perhaps the car adapter cord was the problem, i wanted to try this. of course the gps didn't have an outlet for that, but all of a sudden when i touched it it turned on! in my mind i wanted to fix it so badly so i didn't have to deal with it's maintenance. i wished it to repair it so badly that it came true. i have directions now.

Comments

Popular Posts