filmmaking architecture

Internet is out at my parent’s house, so I’m typing this is word and transferring tomorrow. I am that loyal to my promise to write daily! I missed the cut off by four minutes!

Today I did another marathon trip from NC to WV. Today I managed to make it here in seven hours and twenty minutes, which is my fastest time to date. It was kind of nice packing up the car and enjoying the open road sans the kitties. I had a lot less responsibility and could enjoy the open road…

So many of my script ideas have been fleshed out driving long distances. This time, I chose to forego the usual 11:11 soundtrack primarily and listened to my hopeful “On the Road” soundtrack. That unwritten script will likely be my second feature. I figure that one would be a better fit for a sophomore feature than “Conjoined” (another twin script!) because it requires a ton of travel. My hope for “On the Road” is to travel across the country and shoot in real landmark venues as a tour for a fictitious band. I will also attempt to reunite bands from my hey day to play in the background as well. Granted, we will all be pushing forty by the time it is made, so distant wide shots will be required.

I have so many ideas for films that I can’t seem to get them to paper as fast as the thoughts come to me. I suppose it’s best to marinate on the concept first anyhow. Next time, I plan to outline the structure next time rather than just typing words on paper. It is so necessary to get the core scenes in place, then build around them. No more of this restructure after the fact! So much of filmmaking is a learning process and this is the main concept I plan on focusing on for number 2. Now I just need to complete my freshman year!

Comments

Popular Posts