make a wish

So the fork in the road just turned into a knife and it cut right through me. Job fell through at the last minute. After reforwarding my mail back to myself (and we all know that will likely get jacked up somewhere in the process) and unpacking, I repacked a smaller bag and decided to take the country road back to WV. My parents and sister are crushed that this gig didn't pan out and quite frankly, I'm a bit embarrassed. But, as I said before, everything happens for a reason. Better things are on the horizon.

My original path was to bust my tail all fall and start production on 11:11 this winter. Considering Draft 9 is still being restructured and I don't have a cent, I need the time between here and there to get this thing organized. So perhaps the change of plans was to keep me on track toward my original goal. I have so much work to do and need to stay focused, so the next few months will be critical in order to accomplish what I've set out to do. My ultimate plan in life is not to be a super star PA or an AD for that matter, I want to direct my OWN films... and sidetracking 11:11 would only hinder that process further. So, I'm getting out my shades and looking on the bright side.

I will be 33 in two weeks and now I will be in Wilmington celebrating with my friends (many who are also Virgos!) and that beats running around getting people lattes. I have no clue how I want to spend my 11 x 3 birthday. But do know that I'm obsessed with the idea of a clock cake...am I allowed to make my own birthday cake or is that weird? That is in fact how 11:11 will begin, the icing being spread on a birthday cake. Everyone has a birthday and can relate to having to make a wish while blowing out the candles. My wish has been the same for years now and has yet to come true. But the one thing we often forget is that we have control of our destiny to a certain degree. If you want something and don't go for it, you are only hindering yourself. What you want in life isn't going to fall into your lap and no one is going to hand it to you and if they do, you will take it for granted. If you really want something, fight for it, go out and get it. Wishes mean nothing unless you are proactive to make them come true!

Comments

Popular Posts