zzzzz

A day off. How nice. I tried to be as chill as possible. Slept in. No alarm. No pressing matters I needed to wake up for. Did the laundry, watched shows, went to the drug store and spent too much money on toiletries, got a massage, took a nap... it was a good day! My sister was in Columbus today and brought me back Adriatico's pizza. My tummy was very happy! Jamie Oliver would not approve:)

Work starts back up tomorrow. Originally it was supposed to be a 6 day work week, meaning I would get time and a half. They cut one of my days so they didn't have to pay the extra $50. Wow. Whatever. I will be happy to have a day off this week. Sleep is my most favorite thing and I would love to have a day to chill with my sister before she leaves and hopefully my godsister. Bless her...she got mugged last night. It was really bad. There were two men and one of them reached in her window and stole her purse. She proceeded to chase after her and he roughed her up a bit. Poor thing is a complete mess and having panic attacks every five minutes. She's afraid to leave her house. I told her that the feeling will subside in time because I've been through it.

Lately I've come to realize that I'm not content with my position in the film industry. What I get paid to do, I should say. I'm more than JUST a PA and shouldn't be beaten to the ground and bruised beyond belief. We are abused and under appreciated by most. I simply don't understand how one job is more important than the other. We are all trying to accomplish the same goal. We all have equal importance; without each other it couldn't exist. Rush rush rushing on little sleep and operating heavy machinery should be minimized. I even fell down half a flight of stairs yesterday, luckily my backpack cushioned the blow.

My massage today was unfortunately Swedish and not deep tissue, which is really what I need. She was worry about my fall yesterday. I was bummed about that, but not as much as my dad shuffling around the house and talking loudly with the cats as I was trying to relax. I think his hearing is starting to go and doesn't realize how amplified he is. The tv in the kitchen is always blasting to the point where I can't hear myself think. I cleaned up the kitchen, the bathroom, my bedroom and washed my sister's sheets today. Having things tidy always makes me more organized and I can sleep better at night. On that note, zzzzz...

Comments

Popular Posts