my favorite thing

I'm not going to lie. I didn't write a blog yesterday. I intended to and even wrote a reminder on my hand, but ran out of time. Instead I spent my night hanging out with friends having far too much fun. I don't feel so hot today... Good thing I'm not working. I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm meeting with the woman who bought one of my broken hearts later on. It's sad to break that piece away from the set, but I plan on recreating it after Valentine's Day. I'm happy that it's going to a good home where the heart represents something positive. It's ironic that the woman bought my favorite one inspired by my favorite ex-boyfriend. It was the only heart I had a clear vision for from the get go. Part of me wants to tell him I made it and show him photographs of the piece, but now that he's married I don't feel right.

Speaking of weddings, I am about to shoot my friends' wedding in October. I have to say that shooting weddings kind of stresses me out. I get so worried that I'm going to screw it up and then it will be gone forever. It's 11:11 right now! I guess I'm not going to mess it up, unlike the plane ticket. What a hot mess. So, I've decided to drive. I'm going to take my time, pull over and take photographs as I go. I love being on the open road in places I've never seen before. Sometimes I just want to throw away the map and get lost. I'm feeling a sense of deja vu. Have I said all of this before? Do I repeat myself often? What a hot mess I am from last night. I guess I needed to let loose.

I'm very tired and not feeling like running around, but know I have to. Perhaps I will sneak in a nap somewhere. I love being at home and sleeping in my own bed and sitting on my own couch. All my stuff is right here in it's special spot. It was weird earlier though because I literally imagined my cat Blakely lying next to me. Again, likely an after effect caused by the consumption of toxins last evening. Why do we choose to poison ourselves? Everyone I know has a vice...whether it be alcohol, cigarettes, food, pills, pot, etc. I've tied that into the characters of 11:11 as well. Sometimes the connection is through their vices.

Literally I can barely muster enough energy to type any more thoughts, my brain is fried. My tummy is rumbling. I'm so ready for some Flaming Amy's. That works well with a hangover. I can't even tell you how happy I am to be home and go to my favorite places and see my favorite people. That's probably why I got so plastered. I was a happy pickle though; telling people how much I love them and soaking in the town. I appreciated every moment of my evening realizing, even more so than before I went to WV, how much I adore Wilmington. I am a blessed person to have found this gem of a place. Honestly, I don't ever want to leave.

Comments

Popular Posts