positive and negative.

I am so exhausted and have to be up in less than 8 hours for work. I'm getting tired of being beat down for chump change and doing unglamorous tasks. I like what I do for the most part, but sometimes I wonder why I kill myself working towards a goal I don't plan to reach. I want to direct, not clean up after people and drive them around!

Although I swore up and down that I would blog each day about my project, I'm not sure I can live up to my end of the bargain. Even on day one, I foresee endless days and evaporating sleep, so it's uncertain I will be able to muster up the energy to think of enough to even put thoughts into words. I've written the word I about twelve times already...good thing they look like 1's!

Enough of my bitching. Everyone has to work. And I'm grateful to have a job. But this fraction of me is pained by putting so much energy into a project other than my own. I want so badly to make 11:11 in early 2010 and it's right around the corner. I have so many other projects I've dipped into that it's hard to fathom how I will possibly pull this off.

I had a vision the money was in my hometown, so I must focus on the positive. I'm going to try my best to suck up the attitude when I get overrun and keep a shining smile on my face. One of the attributes I adore most about the 1st AD of my films is that he never complains and ALWAYS makes the best out of every situation. My goal this week is to put myself in his mindset. Keeping a positive attitude will take me much farther than a burned out grump!

Comments

Popular Posts