telling time

Today I was driving back from Huntington to Wilmington and listening to my 11:11 soundtrack. Tears came over me at certain moments visualizing scenes in my head. I can see the images so vividly and imagine what it will be like to sit in the theater with others as they watch my story come to life. Will they understand the message? Will the audience appreciate the silent scenes that are driven solely by song and moving images?

Right now, I'm unsettled with the emptiness of my catless house. Kitties stayed in WV since I'm only home a few days to pick up some things. I am craving writing time right now, but am not sure if I will have the time while I'm here. Draft 9 feels like it's getting further away. Perhaps I should set a goal of 11:11 for the completion of draft 9. I really do need to send out a new version and copyright it with the WGA. I'm so ready for the next step!

My 33rd birthday is in a week and I hope to shoot 11:11 in 2010, meaning I will be 11x3 when I make it:) I know that seems freakish, but I think it's suiting. Repetitive numbers, multiples of 11 connects me with the story. Like I've said many times before, every age and birthday for each character is intentional. Significant times in a person's life, like the age of 13, 21, 30, 44, 55. And many events occur at when time changes, like New Years, Leap Year, daylight savings time. Like the clock is being messed with.

Timing is such a precious and fragile thing. It's importance is imperative to fate. I decided last minute today to take my old route 52,a shortcut that's not a short cut, because I enjoy the scenery. I also may be extending an upcoming trip to soak in the scenery of the open road. Will my decision affect the outcome of my existence? Am I testing fate by changing my plans? I guess only time will tell.

Comments

Popular Posts